New role available at our Newbury office:
Trainee Sales Engineer
To learn and develop within the Sales department completing delegated task with the utmost accuracy with the potential of securing a position within the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support team members in achieving goals and targets to reach the overall business objectives.
- Learn about the business and the market in which it operates in suggesting strategies for growth and development.
- Develop and maintain continual relationships throughout the business including internal and external customers.
- Work under your own initiative, supporting the teams and prioritising workload.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all time, showing excellent communication and listening skills.
- Be organised and methodical in all that you do ensuring the utmost accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with each department regulations through your departmental rotation.
- Attend and contribute to reviews of each placement with your direct line manager.
- Other adhoc duties as assigned.
ORGANIZATIONAL SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Dependability: Punctual; Good attendance record; Work with minimal supervision and direction; Can be counted on to handle special duties; Follow-up on issues without prompting; Meet deadlines.
Initiative and Leadership: Self-starter; Help others when needed; Flexible; Show desire to master job, take pride in work and seek continuous improvement; Actively tackle problems; Seek new opportunities; Strive to see projects to completion.
Teamwork: Perform a variety of tasks independently while contributing to the team environment; Build positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interest.
Interpersonal Skills: Support and encourage others; Give and receive constructive criticism; Negotiate; Listen to and value other’s opinions; Convey ideas to a group; Maintain confidentiality.
Organisational Support: Follow policies, procedures, instructions and pre-determined guidelines; Support organization's goals and values.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Oral and Written Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of internal business stakeholders and external customers and suppliers.
Customer Service: Proactively anticipate and respond promptly to internal and external customer needs; respond to all requests for service and assistance.
Planning and Organizing: Prioritize and plan work activities; React well under pressure; Ensure information is organized and accessible.
- year’s administration experience
Working towards or achieved a qualification within an Engineering or Technical subject
Strong Communication skills
If you are interested in this position please send your CV and covering letter to Applications@edgenmurray.com